Stay & Play Golf Package with Lora Bay
1 night at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre and 1 round of golf at Lora Bay with cart or Batteaux Creek
USE Code: STAYPLAY and contact 1-800-482-7894 EXT:818 to book
• All rates include shared use of a golf cart and access to the practice facility prior to play
• Replay Round, when availability permits, a “replay round” may be offered for those wishing to play 36 holes in one day, at the rate of $50 per player, plus HST, includes cart
• 9 Hole Rounds, are available for booking 48 hours in advance.
• Transportation to and from Lora Bay and Georgian Bay Hotel available when requested at the time of Booking
• All bookings are subject to availability and pricing is for Monday to Thursday night accommodations
• Dress code: Proper golf attire
The Golf Club at Lora Bay is a 7,105-yard championship layout co-designed by PGA Tour Professional and 2006 American Ryder Cup team captain Tom Lehman, and Canada’s renowned golf course architect Thomas McBroom. The Club first opened for play on July 1, 2006. In 2006, Travel and Leisure ranked the course No. 6 among the Top-10 new courses in the world; Ontario Golf magazine ranked it No. 3 among new courses in the province and in 2007 SCORE Golf Magazine ranked the Club among the Top-5 new courses in Canada. Nestled in the Blue Mountains, with stunning views of the Niagara Escarpment and Georgian Bay, The Golf Club at Lora Bay offers a memorable round of golf that pays tribute to historic, rural Ontario. The five sets of tees inspire players of all ages and abilities: 5,096 yards, 5,663 yards, 6,213 yards, 6,664 yards and 7,105 yards from the back tees. The Club currently has its full certification in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program. www.lorabaygolf.com
Batteaux Creek Golf Club
Designed by architect Stephen Young (Grey Silo), Batteaux Creek opened for play in 2002, and covers over 250 acres. His design features manicured bent grass fairways, oversized true rolling greens, and hazards in the form of plentiful bunkers, natural areas, lakes, and ponds, that create numerous risk/reward opportunities. An inviting board & batten clubhouse is situated at the end of the lane, overlooking one of the three main ponds on the golf course. Clubhouse features include; both a private members’ lounge and a public lounge. Day lockers and showers are available.
The presentation of the teeing areas has been thoughtfully calculated as the five sets play to 7003 yards/140 slope, 6728 yards/136 slope, 6355 yards/132 slope, 5929 yards/125 slope for men and 129 for women and 5309 yards with a slope of 122. This system of evenly dispersing the yardages allows for golfers of all skill levels to choose a set of tees that matches their game.